Tuesday, August 11, 2009

1 Nephi - Chapter 3 - Verses 10 thru 31

First I would like to start out by apologizing for not making any posts last week. I know I have committed to try to post 3 posts a week and I am sure all of you readers can understand how sometimes our lives can get very busy and distracting. I know that this is something that I want and need to do and I know as a reader of this blog that you want to go on this journey with me so I apologize for not posting last week. I will try to do better going forward. Also if I am going to be gone for a little while I will let you all know in advance next time so you will know when to check back to read the next posting. :)

For this posting I read verses 10 thru 31 and have thought about and prayed to be able to feast on the words that I read in the Book of Mormon. Hopefully the Holy Spirit will help me to understand and to learn more about this book as I continue to read.

Many thoughts have come to mind while I have been reading these verses some of them I have listed below.

1. How hard that must of been to go to Laban and give him all of our worldly riches to have him only throw you out and then send his servants out to kill you to get the riches from you anyway. People never stop amazing me.

2. Taking a rod to your own brother and then having an angel appear to you and telling you to stop because he has been chosen to be a "ruler" over you. Only to have your brothers turn right around and start murmuring again and watching the doubt and disbelief building back in their hearts right after they had just been visited by an angel. How hard that must of been on Nephi to have to witness what his brothers were doing and knowing at the same time that they were free to make their own choices not realizing how they were hurting themselves in the long run.

3. Also knowing that after a man just tried to kill you and your brothers that you are being asked to return to him and he will be delivered into your hands. That would take a lot of faith and obedience to return to a person who just tried to kill you and expect that they wouldn't try again. I am sure it is trials like these that sets these men apart from all the others and helps prove not only to themselves but also to everyone else that these men truly are men of faith.

Let me know what your thoughts are about these verses and as you know by now your comments are always welcome.

Till next time,

Mr. S

No comments:

Post a Comment